The essence of effective leadership involves efficient supervision and top-notch communication skills. But with that you also need a flair for team management and a strong understanding of managerial concepts.
Here are five managerial aspects to keep in mind as a team leader:
1. Build positive work relations – this is essential to maintain good rapport within your team.
2. Acknowledge good work – recognition is the key to motivation.
3. Encourage ownership – motivate employees by delegating responsibility suitably.
4. Set clear goals and expectations – what, when, where and why.
5. Provide support – guide, coordinate, and share the right information at the right time.