(BBC) #AskAtikuYourself has been trending on Twitter in Nigeria’s commercial hub, Lagos.
This comes as the campaign team of Nigeria’s main opposition presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has launched a web page where you can conduct a virtual interview with him.
In a brief video introduction he says he has selected the most popular questions that he gets on social media.
- What is your favourite football club?
- What is your favourite food?
- Who is your favourite musician?
- He then answers and takes you through a new set of questions.
- What you learn is that he says he supports Arsenal, loves the anti-establishment musician Fela Kuti and used to go to his famous club, the Shrine, and that he thinks Nigerian jollof is the best.
- In a nod to more contemporary music, he also said he likes Nigerian star Davido, who has one of the biggest followings on Instagram in Nigeria.
- And Davido responded by sharing Mr Atiku’s comments with his 9.4 million followers:
- The election is on February 16, with Mr Atiku hoping to defeat President Muhammadu Buhari who is running for a second term.
- There are two more sets of questions. In one of them, about his three wives, he says that none of them belongs “in the other room”.
- This is a dig at his rival, President Muhammadu Buhari, who once said that his wife belongs “in the other room”.