Bauchi State Governor Sen. Bala Mohammed has approved the constitution of a 66-member State palliative Committee to cushion the effects of the novel CoronaVirus in the State.
A.press release signed by the Governor’s Senior Special Assistant on Media, Muktar Gidado, issued on Sunday, said the palliative Committee has the Emir of Bauchi Alh .(Dr.) Rilwanu Suleiman Adamu as Chairman.
Other members are drawn from the Political class, Religious bodies,, Business Community, seasoned administrators, Union Leaders and philanthropists among others.
The terms of reference of the Committee, according to the release, include sourcing for assistance in kind and in cash from well-meaning members of the public, corporate organizations, government agencies and International Donors;
The committee is also charged with the distribution of all sourced palliative materials and money to the needy citizens of the State as fairly and equitably as possible a,it stated.
The Committee is also to discharge any responsibility as may be referred to it by the Governor, the Executive Governor, from time to time and submit periodic progress report to the Secretary to the State Government on a weekly basis, while final report after the State is declared free COVID-19, the release disclosed.
The release explained that the Committee will be inaugurated by Governor Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed , on Monday April, 27, 2020 by 12:00 noon at the Command Guest House, Bauchi.
LIST OF MEMBERS OF BAUCHI PALLIATION COMMITTEE
1. HRH Dr. Rilwanu Suleiman Adamu (Emir of Bauchi) – Chairman
2. Alh . Hamza Koshe Akuyam , State Chairman, PDP – member
3. Hon. Muktar A. Suleiman (BAHA) – member
4. Ambassador Adamu Aliyu ( Walin Katagum ) – member
5. Senator Abdul Ahmed Ningi – member
6. Senator Bala Kariya – member
7. Senator Adamu Ibrahim Gumba – member
8. Chief of Staff, Government House (COS) – member
9. Alhaji Sule Doguwa – member
10. Alhaji Garba Mohammed Noma ( Jarman Bauchi) – member
11. Dr. Maikanti Baru – member
12. Engr. Zubairu Yakubu – member
13. Alhaji Sani Shehu (Sanin Mallam ) – member
14. Alhaji Y. M. Shafa – member
15. Alhaji Abdullahi Caps – member
16. Hon. Comm. Min. of Religious Affairs & Social Welfare – member
17. Hon. Comm. Youth and Sports – member
18. Hon. Comm. Min. of Agric. & Rural Development – member
19. Hon. Comm. Min. for Local Govt. Affairs – member
20. Hon. Comm. Ministry of Women Affairs – member
21. Amina Mohammed Katagum , SA/SIP – member
22. Zainab A. D. Rufa’i , SA/Domestic NGOs/Comm. Dev. – member
23. Mrs. Hassana Arkila – member
24. Mallam Bala Baban Inna, Chief Imam Bauchi – member
25. CAN Chairman – member
26. State Secretary, JNI – member
27. Alhaji Bala Hadith – member
28. Alhaji Aminu Yapeco – member
29. Alhaji Tanko Yusuf Dutse – member
30. Brig. Gen. Marcus Kokko Yake ( Rtd ) – member
31. State Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations – member
32. Deputy Director, Department of State Services – member
33. State Deputy Commandant, Operations (NSCDC) – member
34. State Chairman, Danga Security & Patrol Nig. Ltd. – member
35. State Chairman, Vigilante Group of Nigeria – member
36. Ibrahim Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi (Re p. Tijjaniya ) – member
37. Mal. Abdulrahman Ibrahim Idris (Rep. Izala Gwallaga ) – member
38. Imam Mahmud Isa Duguri (Rep. JIBWIS B/Kura) – member