Welcome again to the school of money. We have spent the last two weeks looking at different aspect of this topic and the feedback has been amazing.
Let’s now look into the eight core actions to a wealth mentality. These are eight practical steps you need to take on this journey to the wealthy place and no one can do them on your behalf.
1. Develop a written health maintenance plan – when I turned forty years ago I started having an annual general check-up as a practice of what I have preached to others for years,and it has helped me a lot in maintaining my health. I have seen a lot of people lose their health. In pursuit of wealth only to want to use their wealth to buy back their health.
2. Develop a written personal financial goal – for well over twenty years I have done this and it makes a lot of difference. This year alone my personal financial goal has helped me avoid distraction from other prospect and stay true to my focus. If you don’t know what to do with money before it comes,when money comes it will tell you what to do.
3. Practice analysing business situations – it’s not all that glitters is gold and it’s not all open door that should be accessed because some are traps. You need to develop the emotional intelligence and the inner eye to analyse things before committing to it . Many have been negatively affected by hasty and emotional moves that ended up hurting them.
4. Watch money shows and read financial journals – the world has become a global village and timely,relevant,current information is very key for survival. The media is filled with all kinds of money shows and the marketplace is also loaded with all kinds of financial journals that will help make your financial journey smooth.That is why a column like this and my television show and YouTube channel is very important.
5. Read one book per month on finance – I read an average of one book per week, and I have done that for over twenty years. It has become one of the major secrets of my journey in life. I personally believe that to succeed in any area, you must read the number of books commensurate with your age in that area. To succeed financially you must read 30 books on finance if you are 30 years old etc.You can’t succeed financially if you are a financial illiterate so get to work.
6. Attend seminars and conferences – it’s okay to read,but the networking opportunity and atmosphere that a seminar provides makes it unique to the wealth creation journey and whether it is a free or paid seminar there is always something to gain.
7. Focus on one wealth mentality thought per day for a ten days cycle – we have examined ten thoughts for a wealth mentality already in this column and you need to take them one by one per day and focus on it for ten days to complete the cycle and help your journey. This focus will help you have wholistic growth in your journey.
8. Develop a wealth building support system – life is now a team sports and to win you need to synergise with like minded people, you may need to join a group,a club or put together your own think tank to serve as a support group for you. Mentoring is also a key component of this and you can join my free online mentorship to help with this.
Join me next week for the final part of this series.
Keep your dream alive