Dozens of guests scampered for safety onSaturday morning following a fire outbreak at a hotel in Owerri, the Imo state capital which wreaked havoc on the hotel.
He said he was yet to get briefs from his men to ascertain the level of damage to the hotel.
However, one of the hotel staff who spoke on the condition of anonymity, at the scene said property worth over N22 million was lost in the inferno.
“We thank God that the men of the fire service responded to our distress calls and quenched the fire. The actual cause of the outbreak is not yet known, but it started from the power house. Four generators were destroyed, including electric wires, doors and windows and the roof; the generators were not spare,” the staff said.