From Ndubuisi Orji, Abuja
There was a fire out break, on Thursday, in the House of Representatives wing of the National Assembly.
Daily Sun gathered that the fire incident started from one janitors located close to Room 227 on the second of the House of Representatives new wing, which houses the offices of lawmakers.
The National Assembly Director of Information, Agada Rawlings, in a statement, on Thursday night, said the fire outbreak is suspected to have resulted from an electrical fault. Rawlings noted the fire was “noticed by one of the Staff to the Clerk, House of Representatives, who promptly alerted the Federal Fire Service Unit stationed in the National Assembly Complex.”
“Accordingly, the fire have be put out with assistance of staff on duty who immediately broke into the affected office and effectively deployed Stationed fire extinguishers on the floor before the arrival of the fire service officer.
“Consequently, the combined prompt efforts, curtained the fire to the affected office only and power supply to the wing put off to enable a full assessment and investigations into the incident.
“It is expected that, after due assessment by the fire service and the Estate and works directorates, Normalcy in the New-Wings, housing all principal officer’s of the House of Representatives and Honourable members office’s, will be restored immediately.”