From Okey Sampson, Umuahia
The Students Union Government (SUG) Public Relations Officer (PRO), and other student have died mysteriously in the their room.
The two, whose names were given as Decency and Victor and who were 200 level students of the institution, were reportedly found dead in their room.
The deceased were said to be friends and roommates.
Decency, until his death, was the incumbent PRO of the SUG and was said to be contesting for the seat for a second time.
It was suspected that the two students could have died of food poisoning as Victor was said to have vomited blood while Decency was said to have had white substance in his nose.
According to sources in Umudike, the duo were said to have reportedly sent a motorcyclist to buy food for them.
The sources said that it was after eating the food that they died the following day.
The PRO of MOUAU, Adanma Odefa confirmed the death of the students to journalists.
“We don’t know anything about eating food and the bike man. All we know is that we found two students dead in their rooms, that is all we know.”
She said police have taken their bodies to the morgue and that the families of the deceased students have been informed of the development.